Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013


See what we're learning.
Talk and share with your child about the day.
Review and give extra help and practice if needed.

Today in First Grade

When I got to school this morning, the temperature was -18 F.  Sorry about the problems we are having with the buses in this cold weather.  I have the same problem with my teenager and the high school bus not working each morning.

As I discussed some of the weather with the class this morning, we talked about the cold weather in St. George, Utah and Nevada.  During the discussion, I told them what a palm tree is.

Also, this was the 75th day of school  So we talked about three quarters and how much 75 is of 100.


Phonics: 


We did more practicing with words that have quiet  "e" on the end.

Reading Groups:

Group A:     Animals and Their Babies

Group B:    Plants on My Plate

Group C:    Who Lays Eggs      The Cat and the Mouse


Math:

First we did a little extra practice together making and understanding related facts and fact families.  It did seem to help them understand a little better.

You can click on the picture to make it larger.
Then we got into the lesson for the day which was:
1-  We can write fact families either horizontally or vertically.
2-  We talked about how the smaller numbers change places and how the largest number changes from the end in addition to the front in subtraction.



Spelling words:


Our Christmas program is coming up and a flier has not been sent home.  I do believe that the program is at 6 pm on Thursday, December 19.  I hope I got that right.  I hope to be sending a flier home tomorrow.  

Tomorrow we will be going on our annual field trip to the power company (next door) to decorate their Christmas tree.  

No comments:

Post a Comment